Wednesday, 21 November 2012

The Domestic Discipline Liebster Awards

Modified logo from ADDS blog!


I was looking at A Dometics Discipline Society blog (ADDS) and saw that they had participated in the Liebster Award.

Like Mr BB Spanker who runs ADDS (http://adomesticdisciplinesociety.blogspot.co.uk/),  I’d no idea what it all meant so I looked it and found this form a blog called We Loved Here:

“The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  What is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!”

But I liked Mr BBSpanks’ take on it  - he followed Bonnie’ idea on My Bottom Smarts  - so I answered the questions.

But then I realised I had to come up with 11 questions too and struggled to keep them to a DD format. But her goes anyway.

If anyone else is up for answering my questions, be my guest…..

11 things about me.
1) I'm overweight, but trying desperately through regular gym work to lose weight.
2) I’m hopeless at dieting!
3) I enjoy researching corporal punishment history. It’s a subject that’s always fascinated me
4) I believe that everyone is equal – except me when it comes to my relationship with Mistress. I know my place!
5) I love motorsports of all kinds
6) I love going shopping with Mistress - especailly to buy her new boots.
7) I once took my blog down in a fit of anger because someone criticized me. Then I realised how much the interaction meant to me and started it again!
8) I love cooking
9) I’m a terrible dresser but have a penchant for rainwear (rubber and pvc)
10) I don’t drink alcohol and have never smoked.
11) I’m a workaholic but need to spend more time with Mistress

The answers to Mr BBSpanks questions
1) When did you first hear about Domestic Discipline?
As far as I remember it was about six years ago. It was two years into my relationship with Mistress. We had played CP games from early in our relationship – to serve my fantasies - and I discovered the term while surfing the net.
2) What drew you toward finding out more about Domestic Discipline?
One of the contributing factors in the break up of my marriage was my laziness in the house. I did very little which, not surprisingly, irked my former wife. Also I paid too little attention to her. I can see that now – but it never occurred to me at the time. There were however faults on both sides that contributed to the break-up but they were two of the worst on my side. In my new relationship with Mistress I felt it important that those two faults didn’t resurface. Plus, Mistress enjoys the attention I give her and has an authoritarian streak (though it didn’t surface until we had been dating for a while). So with my past in mind, and our increasing interest is using discipline in the home to correct my faults, we decided to try a DD regime.
3) Is Domestic Discipline a lifestyle choice for you?
Most certainly. Most importantly, it has brought us so much closer. It has also given us real structure. And the disciplinary methods ensure we have no tension in our house.
4) Have you heard of Domestic Discipline outside of anything to do with a blog/forum?
Unfortunately no. I’d love to meet some other couple who have a DD lifestyle. The only contact we have is via our blog.
4a) If so, where else do you find information about Domestic Discipline?
N/A
5) Do you feel that Domestic Discipline is only for married couples?
No. We are not married. The most important aspect of DD is that you both love each other dearly and, as such, have total trust and respect for each other.
6) Are single and dating people a part of the DD community too?
Difficult question. I think, as I’ve said in response to question 5, you have to have total trust in one another. Would dating partners have developed that kind of deep bond? I’m not sure. But I don’t see any reason why single or dating people should not contribute their thoughts on DD. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
7) In your opinion or practice, is Domestic Discipline ONLY for disciplinary reasons?
We have found that DD is a good way of correcting my faults and helping me maintaining my focus on Mistress’ need. Beyond that, it also helps relieve stress in us both and any tension in our relationship. It also ensures there are no lasting arguments or conflicts.
8) When did you feel you understood what a HoH style Dominant and TiH style submissive really was?
Quite early in our DD journey. The problem is always that ‘real life’ impinges on our DD lifestyle – outside influences make it sometimes difficult to follow the DD lifestyle 24/7. We’ve both discussed this deeply and both of acknowledge our lives would be very different is, say we were able to retire and focus on just us. Mistress has said she would be much stricter with the house rules. I know I would be much more malleable to her requirements.
9) What is TiH List, HoH Rules, SitDD, PoD, Tolerance LaDDer? 
When we first started we tried to work to a set of rules (TiH List and HoH Rules) and updated them as we developed. We looked at others and adapted them out our needs. Now we have no written rules but we both are in tune with how we want our DD regime to work. We discuss my faults before our weekly maintenance punishment session and we often chat about how things are progressing and what tweaks might be needed (SitDD). I’m not familiar with the terms PoD or Tolerance LaDDer.
10) What are the differences or similarities between Christian Domestic Discipline & Domestic Discipline?
I don’t know. We follow a regime of Domestic Discipline.
11) (in your own words) What IS Domestic Discipline?
Domestic Discipline offers a consensual and respectful way of maintaining a balance in a loving relationship. Consensual is the watchword here – both parties have to really want to live this lifestyle because it is quite demanding. But those demands reap huge rewards.  DD means that one partner is the Head of the Household while the other is the submissive and both parties agree to a set of rules to live by and it is agreed that the HoH will correct any of the submissive’s faults by the use of corporal punishment. And it is also agreed that the HoH. The important factor is any DD relationship is that all matters are dealt with in a consistent manner under the terms of an agreement both parties have signed up to at the outset.

Now here’s my questions – also DD related
1 What attracted you to a Domestic Discipline lifestyle?
2 Who introduced the DD lifestyle into your relationship – and why?
3 How did you decide on the rules to live by in your DD relationship?
5 How quickly did you adapt to your respective roles?
6 How did you decide on what corrective measures to employ?
7 What are the benefits of a DD relationship?
8 Why does DD work for you?
8 Do you believe in a maintenance punishment regime?
9 If so, how does it work in your relationship? If not, why would you be opposed to it?
10 Cane or paddle. Discuss
11 What is the single most important thing to remember when living in a DD relationship?


No comments:

Post a Comment