Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Maintenance punishments

Michael M raised a really good point in a comment he made on my recent post, 'Corrective Measures Required.'

I was discussing my ‘need’ to be caned and, how subconsciously, I make mistakes which result in Mistress punishing me.

We have decided to use corporal punishment when I fail to live up to Mistresses expectations. I have faults, many of them, but by and large, the system we have adopted works well for us to help me maintain my submissive attitude towards Mistress and ensure I serve her in the correct manner that pleases her.

However, we both are acutely aware that the only reason we use such methods in the home are because I have a life-long fascination with corporal punishment and enjoy being caned.

So how to balance that pleasure, but still be able to use it as a deterrent to correct my many faults? Mistress has adopted a degree of severity that removes the pleasure of being punished. I now know that if I break the rules I’m going to suffer more pain than pleasure if I’m caned.

Since adopting this regime we’ve noticed how much closer we have become and how much more attentive I am in our relationship.

However, there are still times when my masochistic tendencies take over and I feel a need to be caned. This tends to happen when the atmosphere in the home is at its best and we’re both relaxed and content.

Something triggers that desire and that’s when I start to misbehave. It’s not a decision I take to ‘brat’ but Mistress has noticed a change in me – a kind of tension when I feel this ‘need.’

I am only too well aware that the best thing Mistress could do when I reach a point when I desperately crave corporal punishment ‘therapy’ is to deny me, which is exactly what she now does.

However Michael M’s suggestion is that to avert this feeling of ‘need’ his wife has instigated routine maintenance spankings where his is punished, routinely, every ten days.

I’ve read about maintenance spankings before and not really given the idea much credence.  We wanted to use real punishment for real faults but having thought through Michael M’s suggestions I have to say the idea has merit.

Mistress and I have touched on the subject and noted it as a topic for discussion but
personally I think it’s the way forward now for our regime.

The reason it works in my head is that we can plan ahead and establish a set day, time and number of strokes for the routine punishment. It would demand severity to ensure it wasn’t something to be craved as a kind of pleasure release.

Having a routine would instantly erase any of that ‘need’ that I experience and Mistress would expect that, for argument’s sake on Wednesday night at 8.00pm  I would present myself with the cane for prescribed punishment of 36 strokes with the thin Dragon cane (the most painful implement we have).

The other advantage of the date in the diary is that if we are both busy on our set day, then it could be altered. The only proviso being that the punishment must take place during the week in question – or as close to date as possible. The only difference to Michale M’s routine is that I believe it should be weekly because it’s much easier to keep tabs on than once every ten days.

The maintenance punishments would not affect our current regime however. Faults would continue to be punished as they are now so I might be possible to be punished more than once a week and even twice on the same day – if that fault happened to be made on the same day as the maintenance punishment.

Why is this so important to us? I think it will help ease any of the tension we currently experience when I’m going thorough my craving process. I don’t know how to express my feelings to Mistress. Mistress isn’t sure what’s going on in the relationship, whether I’m being a pain because I’m unhappy or because I’m just in need of a good thrashing.

But do I really want the cane ever single week? Probably not but if it results in a much more balance flr then it’s a pain I’m willing to accept.

But the main reason for this post is to learn from you. Before Mistress and I sit down to talk this through, I’m really interested to know if others of you reading this use maintenance punishments as part of your flr – and what kind of methods do you employ to make it effective?

1 comment:

  1. My opinion is that whenever the "urge" hits you (pardon the pun), you should get whatever you need at the time, and it shouldn't be considered to be punishment or even be harshly administered, but just a session "hard" enough to satisfy the urge that you have. Therefore, you need not to be tempted to act in a way that requires a REAL punishing session! I think that that may satisfy any needs that you and your "mistress" may have!!

    In my opinion, both mistress and sub have an obligation to meet one another's needs and concerns, whatever those needs may be!! This demonstrates the caring, loving relationship required for not only a D/s relationship, but also a good, happy marriage!! Just saying!!

    Bob

    ReplyDelete